Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Busy Times


It’s been another exciting couple of weeks for me and my parents. I am learning a lot of new things – like how to make my hands work and where my feet are. I can use my hands to play with all the toys on my new Exer-saucer. I can use them to pull the string on my swing or bouncy seat to play music. It still surprises me when that happens! I am also good at pulling on Mommy’s hair and jewelry. She’s had to give up necklaces and she’s thinking about shaving her head (but I hope she doesn’t!)

I found my feet about a week ago, but they get more fascinating every day. I can put them in my mouth! I am also practicing to be a cheerleader. Mommy said I can do a good heel-stretch already (that’s a trick where you hold one foot up in the air).

This week I started eating my dinner (cereal) in my highchair. It’s really comfy and cushy – kind of like my own recliner. I try to help hold the spoon, but they won’t let me. I am almost ready to sit up on my own; I just need a little help balancing right now. We are also practicing rolling over but I haven’t quite gotten the hang of that yet. My newest trick is to put my (open) mouth on Mommy or Daddy’s face and kiss them like they kiss me.

Mommy and I had our very first Mother’s Day. With Daddy’s help, I got Mommy a new MSU shirt to wear to ball games. Daddy promised to help Mommy plant some flowers as soon as they find the time. In the afternoon, we took Molly and had a picnic on campus. My first picnic was really fun!

Mommy and Daddy are both playing softball this spring, so we’re keeping busy. I got to go one of Mommy’s game last week, but I haven’t seen Daddy play yet. He tells me all about each game when he gets home. Last week he got a big sore on his leg from sliding – but at least he scored the run!

I hope you all had a Happy Memorial Day! We sure did and I’ll tell you all about it in my next post. (Got to wait for the grown ups to upload the pictures!)
Love,
Emily

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home