Memorial Day Weekend!
I could get used to these holiday weekends! Getting tons of attention from Mommy and Daddy – and lots of other folks – for 3 whole days is pretty cool.
We kicked off our weekend by having a cookout Friday night. My friend Jack, his parents and grandma, and some other neighbors came over for burgers and homemade ice cream. Jack and I just hung out while the big people ate.
On Saturday, I went with Mommy and Daddy to the Co-op to buy the flowers Daddy had promised. Mommy picked lilies, petunias and periwinkle. When we got home, they started planting while I supervised from my swing in the shade. After lunch, I finally showed my parents the 3-hour nap that Miss Judy (my sitter) keeps talking about. I do it every day at her house, but Mommy and Daddy didn’t believe her. While I was sleeping, they finished up their work and everything looks really pretty.
After church on Sunday, we headed to Tennessee to meet my new baby cousin, William
Russell. He was just born last Monday, so he’s really little. His big brother, John Thomas, is 7, and I laughed a lot at him. Nana, Granddaddy, Matt, Scott and Cher were there too. That night I got to meet Mommy’s cousin Adam and spend the night at my great-papaw’s house.
On Memorial Day, everyone went to our cousins Brad and Bridgett’s house for lunch. I met some of my distant cous
ins and my great-great-aunts. After lunch, all the kids (and Mommy and Daddy) got in the swimming pool to play. I am still too little to jump off the diving board, but I really liked splashing around and lying on a float. When I got tired of swimming I sat in the shade with Great Aunt Jan and Bridgett. They gave me a taste of chocolate pie – YUMMY!! Can’t wait ‘til I am big enough to have more of that!After such a fun day and busy weekend, I was worn out – and I slept all the way home to Starkville. Hope you each had a weekend as good as mine. Until next week...
Emily

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home