A trike wreck
Emily has fallen in love with her tricycle lately. Since she's had it a year, I say it is about time. The last few nights she has ridden under the light of the patio.
As some of you know, our concrete patio is surrounded by a brick border - and is not level in all places. So last night Em found the most uneven spot to turn on -- and she tipped over. It wasn't bad; she hardly even hit the ground. After about 15 more minutes of riding, she got hung up on another uneven brick. Now picture this... She put her elbow on the handlebar and put her forehead on her palm. Our conversation ensues:
A: Emily, what's wrong?
E: I can't do it!
A: Yes you can. You are a good rider. Just push the pedals.
E: But when I fell I hurt myself.
A: You did? What hurts?
(no answer)
A: Emily, what hurts?
(Em finally raises her head from her hand.)
E: My feelings.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home