Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

DisneyWorld - woohoo!!

Yes, that's right - we've been to the big DW - and we had SOOOO much fun. Daddy had a conference in Fla last week, so Mommy and I flew down to join him for a few days. We spent two days at Magic Kingdom and a rainy day at Sea World and the mall. I loved every minute of it, but my absolute favorite things were riding Dumbo and the Magic Carpets way up high and meeting Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) and Ariel the Mermaid. Much to the grownups dismay, my next favorite thing may have been pushing my own stroller - ha! They said my driving skills improved greatly as the days went on. I won't bore you with all the details but I will share lots of pictures...

Ariel and Emily and then admiring a kiss from the Mermaid

Cinderella's Carousel

A Magic Carpet ride and in complete awe of Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)

We managed to meet all the princesses except Snow White
Showing Jasmine her doll. Wasn't so sure about Donald!
That's us way up there! Shooting lazers on Buzz Light Year
Got her dad's love for some teacups!
Meeting Tinkerbell and the flight home
The only thing I didn't understand about this trip was why I never saw Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse. I thought that is where he and his pals hung out. Guess I was wrong... It doesn't matter. This was still the best trip ever!
Love,
Emily
A note from the grownups
This really was the best trip ever. We had so much fun watching her react to everything. She surprised us by approaching the princesses with confidence. She chatted with each and had them sign her autograph book. She was most proud of the kisses they gave her. To this day, we are not allowed to kiss her cheeks! She was a little less certain about the characters in costume. She wanted a grownup to go along when she met Mickey & Minnie, Donald and Pluto. Emily is an excellent traveller and held up really well on some long, tiring days.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home