Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Christmas Conversations

While in Tennessee Emily had some of her more memorable lines. As usual, my recounts won’t do them justice, but they are still worth sharing.

The first was a conversation in which Em showed her really smart uncle Matt that she might not be far behind.
Matt: Emily, when do you turn 3?
Emily: on my birthday… (
you’d think a smart guy would know that,huh?)
Jeff: When is your birthday?
Emily: December 24
Matt: Ok, smarty. Do you know who’s birthday is the day after yours?
Emily: Baby Jesus!

Jeff discovered my mom’s high school year book while we were there.
Jeff: Emily, come here. I want to show you a picture of your Nana.
Emily: Where’s my nana?
Jeff: Right there.
Emily: That’s not MY nana. Where’s MY nana?
Jeff: That is her right there.
Emily: No, it’s not. (and walks away.)

Emily got some gum in her stocking at Nana’s and she wanted to share…
E: Mommy, you want some gum?
M: No, thank you.
E: But I thought you liked it.
M: Well, I do. I just don’t need any right now.
E: But I thought you were my best friend…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home