Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Look What I Can Do!

It’s official. I can sit up by myself – boy, is it fun! I can’t get into position by myself yet, but when Mommy or Daddy sits me up in the big chair or on the bed, I really like it. It’s much easier to play with my toys this way instead of lying on my back or tummy. I am getting better every day but I do still fall over sometimes – usually when I get really excited about something.

On Sunday, I practiced sitting in my brand new SWIMMING POOL! I really like splashing; I even got Mommy and Daddy wet. One time when I was reaching for my rubber duck, I fell over. But don’t worry - Daddy got me up real quick. I was a little scared but I didn’t cry. I was a bit more careful after that though. I told my dog Molly we could share the pool, but I don’t think she’s interested. She just took a drink from the side and walked away.

Daddy was gone on a work trip last week and when he got home Mom and I decided to give him part of his Father’s Day gift early. Mommy ordered matching Derek Jeter/NY Yankees shirts for me and Daddy since the Yankees are his favorite team. They played the enemy Red Sox on TV Thursday so we put on our shirts and watched the game together.

One last new thing to tell you about … CARROTS. The grown ups gave me some for supper a couple of times. I am not quite sure what I think about them yet; I made a face on the very first bite but tried a few more after that. Maybe I’ll end up liking them – I’ll let you know.

Love,
Emily

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home