The thoughts of a 2-yr-old...
First of all, so sorry it has been a month since we posted! As usual, the fall semester has us running crazy... I have to take a quick minute and share a few "Emily-isms" with you.
One morning last week, she woke up about 6 crying. This is very unusual, so I made my way to her room. Once I got there she was trying to tell me something, but she was pretty unconsolable and I couldn't understand her. Once she finally stopped sobbing I asked again what happened. "They threw me in the river," she said. My heart went out to her in her moment of distress, but at the same time I was choking back a laugh. When Jeff came out of the shower, she stuck to her story. He asked why she was up early and I told her to tell daddy what happened. "They threw me in the river!" So if you've ever wondered at what point children can comprehend and remember their dreams, I am betting its somewhere around 2 1/2 yrs of age.
Last night, I was trying to get Emily to go to bed. We read a story and sang a few songs. Then I asked her to say her prayers. This usually turns into me saying everything and her joining me for Amen. But last night she rolled through everything all on her own, even adding "thank you God for Sundays and Sunday school." How sweet! ...I could tell she wasn't really ready for sleep, though. I told her she could get up in the morning when the sun woke up. She quickly corrected me, however, by informing me that the sun was NOT asleep because he didn't have any EYES! How true...
Will try to post a few pics soon. Emily is becoming quite the big girl.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home