Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Happy New Year!

Ok, so not exactly...but it is a new school year and I started a new class this week. It's not a big deal since most of the kids in my old class moved up together, and we already knew Miss Martha from playing with her old class all summer. And some of our old friends from the younger class have joined us again. It's going to be another fun year! I am sure I 'll be sharing my adventures with you.

I did have some great adventures last week, but I don't have pictures yet. School was closed Friday for Teacher Work Day, so I got to go play at Jack's house for the morning. Mommy picked me up at lunch and we went with the Fountains to the bowling alley. This was my 4th time to bowl and I love it. (You'll love the pictures of my green and orange shoes!) With the help of a ramp and gutter guards, I bowled a 95!! Seriously...no kidding! I got two strikes on the 10th frame.

On Saturday, we went with Jack and his family to the WATER PARK. He and I were so excited, and it was everything we hoped it would be. They had slides for kids our size and water that squirted up from the ground. We played in the wave pool with the grownups. It was almost like being in the ocean! We also got to float along on the river and eat snow cones. We are already excited about going back next year.

Hey! Guess who is moving to Starkville this weekend? My uncle Matt!!! He is starting school at MSU next week, and we are very excited to have him around.

Some of you probably want to know if I have any new tricks -- and I do. I can spell my name now. E-M-I-L-Y spells Emily Kate Adkerson!! I also love looking for other letters as we drive or go to stores. I know that E is for me, M is for mommy, D is for daddy, and A is for Amy. Other favorite letters are B, C and W.

So that's what is new with me. I'll post pictures soon from bowling and the water park. Happy New Year to you all!!
Em

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home