Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Thursday, May 22, 2008

She melts my heart...

Just when I feel like the frustration over bathtub fights and bedtime struggles is about to bubble over, Emily always seems to melt my heart and remind me she's only 2. We've been on the go so much lately that we are all worn out, and our patience with one another is little thin. The last couple of evenings have been challenging in regard to the normal routines noted above. But this morning it was all forgotten...

We were getting her dressed for school; Jeff was doing shoes, I was doing hair, and Em was reading a book. I asked her what letter an "A" was. Then Jeff asked her to sing her ABCs, which she did. Without missing a beat, she launched straight into Twinkle, Twinkle and - here comes the kicker - Jesus Loves Me!

I knew she knew JLM - she listens to a CD almost nightly - but we had never heard her sing it before. And for her to do it on her own just made me beam! She didn't miss a word, but I think she added a couple of extra Yes, Jesus Loves Me's at the end. The more the better, right?

Have a great day!
Amy

2 Comments:

Blogger Grandmother said...

There are millions of "those days" that make you want to pull you hair out, and then just one of those melt your heart moments that totally wipe out those other times. Those melt your heart moments are the ones you never ever forget and are the ones you think about at night many years later when you're alone and hoping all's well with the one's you love.

May 22, 2008 8:07 PM  
Blogger Jenn Prather said...

Addie has started singing this song too, her favorite one!! Somedays I want to sit and cry as I see my baby getting so big so fast but then others I think what a joy it is to actually be able to share things with her as she talks to me and can understand me!! We are so blessed!!

June 11, 2008 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home