Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Where'd my boo-boo go?

That has been the question of the week - where did my boo-boo go? The grownups kept telling me it would go away, and they were right. As you can see, I got my stitches out last Tuesday and now its just a little red mark under my nose. No big deal at all.(compare to the post below for before and after)

I've been very curious where everything goes these days? I probably ask that question about someone or something at least 20 times a day. Where'd daddy go...Where'd my milk go...and on and on. If the answer is an obvious one, like when Daddy is standing right beside me, Mommy just ignores me. Other new things I like to say a lot are "See?" and "Okay?" I have picked these up from my friends at school.
Just in case any of you thought I was perfect (and Mommy says I USED to be), the grownups are making me confess that I am not. I have been getting into trouble lately for not listening. I understand everything they say, but I just don't want to comply. I call it independence; the grownups call it disobedience. Stayed tuned!
I am getting pretty good at dressing and undressing myself. I can get my pants on and off, but shirts are a little harder. I know how to get my arms in and out - sometimes I just get stuck! I can also get my sandals and flip-flops on by myself (I just LOVE my flip-flops.), but I still need a little help to get socks and tennis shoes on right. Mommy does let me help tie my shoes, though. My favorite part is to "make a LOOP!"
I hope the warm weather is here to stay because I just love to play outside. I think I could stay outside forever with my bubbles, wagon and soccer ball. Hope you are having a fun spring too!
Love ya,
Emily

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think you might get your "non listening skills" from your uncle paul...however, this "skill" might prove useful in the years to come, maybe now is just not the right time to use it. Truly miss you Ms Emily.

April 16, 2008 2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home