Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Fun

It’s been a long time since last Easter, and I had forgotten about the Easter bunny (who I still don’t like, by the way) and how much fun it is to find eggs. Remember last year??? I got to do it all over again last week, and I loved every minute of it. We first encountered the Bunny at the mall on our way home from Georgia. I didn’t want anything to do with him, but I gladly took his candy! And all the way home from Atlanta I asked “where’d eater bunny go?”

Against my better judgment, Mommy and I had our picture made at the campus egg hunt on Tuesday. Then I got a head start on my friends James, Jack and Addie! (I get my cheatin’ genes from my Daddy.) We had egg hunt and a party at my school on Thursday. By then, I was really getting the hang of it. We had a couple of practice sessions at home on Good Friday before the BIG hunt at church on Saturday. At that one I filled my bucket with about 25 eggs! Do you know how much candy they can stuff in 25 eggs?




Daddy missed the church hunt (he went to Little Rock to cheer on the Bulldogs), but he and I dyed some eggs that night for the Bunny to hide when he came to my house. Dying them was fun, but finding them in the morning was even better! Then I got all dressed up in my pretty new dress Nana made me and we went to church. After church we went to visit all of my relatives in Kosciusko, Miss. It was a very nice Easter Day. I hope yours was too!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home