Oh where, oh where has my baby gone?
It's official; I have lost my baby girl. She has become a little girl now, and its a little harder to deal with than I expected. Maybe it just caught me by surprise. With last weekend being a long one and an unexpected sick day yesterday, I've spent four of the last five days with Emily, and she has completely amazed me.
This week we have graduated to the "big bed." Em napped there a few times over Christmas and we had laid there with her a few times when she was fighting sleep at night. Over the weekend, she asked to sleep in the big bed. (For those of you who don't know, we have always had a twin bed in her room.) The grownups were not really expecting that seeing as we didn't have a rail yet, so we let her drift off there for a couple of nights then moved her to the safer confines of the crib. We purchased a rail on Tuesday night and she has not been in the crib since. This really makes me kinda sad!
Another milestone this week is that they are starting potty training at school. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about this one. We've been taking a casual approach to the potty at home for several months, but I guess it never seemed too real until they announced they would start going at school too. Hopefully our diaper days are numbered.
One more thing that has amazed me recently - the things she is learning. Now, I do not think I have a child genius on my hands but sometimes I wonder if all two-year-olds know this stuff. She knows 10 colors! She's been reciting numbers for a while, but she is really counting now. Yesterday she was taking goldfish out of her cup and counting them.
She can identify half the letters in the alphabet. This one caught Jeff and me by surprise. One of her bathroom books has a page for each letter with animals, etc. Just last week she started telling us the letters before we could even say anything. Yesterday she picked up a Dora book that had the Nick Jr logo on it. She said "Look momma, it's K and J." That one really got me!!
Ok, just one more thing - I promise. Who wants to read a post this long with NO pictures, anyway? Her favorite song is "Take me out to the ballgame!" Sadly, its one of the few songs momma knows all the words to, so Em's been hearing it since she was born. The other day she said "Take me out ballgame, momma." It took me a minute to realize what she wanted. Since then we've sung it at least 100 times and she can fill in the blanks when I stop. Her favorites are crackerjacks and root for Bulldogs. Season starts in one month so we've got some perfecting to do!
Thanks for letting me ramble -
Amy

1 Comments:
Amy, I can't believe you have had so many wonderful milestones this week! What a big week!! It is amazing and sad all at the same time how quickly they grow up! Give Emily a big kiss from us!
Post a Comment
<< Home