Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Friday, September 21, 2007

Let's Pretend

Jeff and I have decided Emily is going to be a champ at playing "pretend." She's off to a good start lately, and I know my written descriptions will not do the instances justice. So use your imagination...

Pretend #1: Monday night while sitting at the table with Emily, I got the hiccups. They were the kind that jerk your whole body - impossible to hold in. I noticed Em looking at me kind of strange, and before long she started making a "hip" sound. It took me a minute to realize that she was copying my hiccups. Then she added a shoulder shrug, timed perfectly with her "hiccups," further copying the way my body was jerking uncontrollably! Of course I was laughing at her, so then she began to laugh at me each time I hiccuped.

Pretend #2: Emily's hair is at that stage where it falls in her eyes a lot, so it is not unusual for me to squirt a dab of hair spray on it. This morning we sat her on the vanity to brush her teeth, and the hairspray bottle caught her eye. She picked it up, held it in front of her head, and made a "ch" sound. Then she said "mama's hair," pointed the bottle at me, and made another "ch." Jeff was not to be left out; she made sure to "spay" daddy's hair too. It was amazing how much her sound mimmicked the one the bottle makes.

Can't wait to see what our little pretender comes up with next.
Amy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home