Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A long, FUN weekend...

Hey everyone! Sorry it has been a while since we’ve posted. School has started at the university and that has kept the grownups very busy. We did slow down long enough to have a nice Labor Day weekend. I hope you did too.

Our weekend actually started on Thursday. They honored my great-uncle Richard at the university so all the family came to town. It was fun to see everyone, but since it was raining, Mommy and I skipped out on the football game. My uncle Paul stayed at our house for a few days, and on Friday we went bowling. I loved it. The grownups shared their turns with me so I could push that heavy ball down a big ramp. I laughed when the pins fell down.

On Saturday we went to my friend Leala’s house for supper. She and I had so much fun playing together. I pushed her on the riding toy, we rolled the ball back and forth, and we chased bubbles! After church on Sunday we went to see my grandpa and grandma and played outside all afternoon.

I have too many new tricks to list them all. Yesterday I dumped out Molly’s food just so I could put it back in the bowl! The other day Mommy emptied the laundry basket, and I immediately started putting them back in. I LOVE to be a helper! My vocabulary is REALLY growing. It includes a few verbs now: sleeping, raining, running and barking. I am also putting more and more words together – daddy’s truck, molly barking, more drink, and eat “brebast” (that’s breakfast in case you can’t tell.)

Love ya lots!
Emily

1 Comments:

Blogger JS said...

Em,
I can see that you are already as good as Dad. Someday I will explain to you that that is not a compliment. Fall ball practice started yesterday and as you know that means me and Big Jimmy will be coming to Starkville soon. Can't wait to see you. Love you lots, Didi

September 04, 2007 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home