Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Monday, June 04, 2007

Summer Fun...

What a super fun weekend...I had a play date, went swimming in a big pool and listened to the Bulldogs win their baseball tournament.

My friends Jack and Leala came over to play Saturday. I was not very good at sharing my toys, but we all had fun. Then Sunday afternoon Mommy and I went over to Miss Judy's (my old babysitter) to swim in her neighborhood pool. Mommy says I went in a big pool last year, but I don't remember it. I had lots of fun yesterday though - cruising around in my float kicking and splashing.

The Bulldogs played in a tournament this weekend trying to get to the World Series (that sounds important) - and they won! I know its just because I wore my special shirt for all 3 games. Nana made me a shirt with all my baseball brothers names on it and it brings good luck when I wear it. This is me clapping when Russ got a hit. I'll have to wear my shirt again next weekend when they play.

Finally, I wanted to share with you some new stuff I picked up...literally. I spent most of the weekend trying to carry bags around on my shoulder. Mostly it was Mommy's purse or my bag, but today I carried the camera case to the car so we could share these pics. (Daddy should be worried about my attraction to shoes and handbags!) Mommy says I may be a natural for gymnastics when I get older. I love to twist and turn and kick my legs in the air. I even figured out how to do what Mommy called a 'bridge.' I lay on my back, bend my knees and raise my bottom up off the floor. She says the next step is a back bend - woohoo!!

New words this weekend -- bunny, monkey and Leala (with N instead of L sounds)...






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home