Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Friday, February 09, 2007

Playing and Talking...

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been so long... the grownups have each been away on work trips, so I have been busy keeping things straight at home. Ha, ha! Last week Daddy and I stayed by ourselves for the first time and had lots of fun. We went to a ball game and shared a pizza and played A LOT. I think I wore Daddy out though. Mommy says its hard keeping up with me so she was glad to have a break.

What's new with me? Not that much, really. I just love playing and reading my books. Mommy said she downloaded a bunch of pictures yesterday, and I was reading in almost every one. My favorites are the ones that have furry animals in them. I still love my shape sorter - I always do the circles first - and dancing to my radio and my Pablo doll. Now that I have gotten a little bigger, I enjoy riding on my big toys. I have my rocking horse and Elmo car inside and my tricycle and John Deere outside.

I am getting better at talking. The grownups and I are practicing on some easy words like Please and More and animal names. Last night in the bath tub I looked around til I found my rubber ducky, then I picked it up and said "duck." Mommy got really excited, called Daddy in there and made me do it again. I amuse them so much! I also ask Miss Judy for some "tanny" (candy) each day when I leave. She gives me a lollipop but can't really eat it yet.


I have a couple more tricks that make them laugh. In the mornings after everyone is dressed, I go and get my coat and bring it to a grownup for help putting it on. Then I go stand by the door and wait. I love to GO! Yesterday I even got Mommy's coat for her because she was taking too long. On the way to Daddy's car I start making a monkey sound because I know when I get in the car I get to play with my monkey doll.

Oh yeah...you probably already noticed this but my hair is really growing. It curls a little and sticks out over my ears. Mommy is ready for me to wear bows, but I don't like them very much.

Hope you all are staying warm in this cold weather!
Love Emily

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home