Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Big Girl Stuff

I am really growing and changing these days. You know, I am past 9 months now. At my checkup last week I weighed 19.25 lbs, and according to Dr. Paul, I am just right for my age. I get to wear big shoes every day now to help me learn to stand and walk. I wasn't sure about them at first, but now they are fine. When the grownups put double knots in them, I cannot get them off.

I've been eating more and more big girl food too. On Daddy's b
irthday, I got to eat everything the grownups ate (except a pork chop), and it was yummy. I like oatmeal, real potatoes and peas, real mac & cheese, and all kinds of bread. We went to Birmingham on Saturday to get me a big girl car seat. I am still riding backwards for a while, but it sure is big and comfy.

I even got to go to a college boy's party on Friday night - sort of. Don't worry! The grownups went too. My foster brother and his real parents invited us over for supper with some of their friends. I stayed up past my bedtime and was the life of the party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home