Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Mom's view from the couch...

I found myself in a situation last night I could never have imagined, but without a camera within reach, I’ll have to try to describe it to you the best I can.

Jeff had a work function so I was having a quiet night at home with “the girls,” Emily and Molly. They were content playing in their separate corners, so I decided I would eat a sandwich real quick before bath and bed time. Both girls followed me into the kitchen on all-fours and then back to the living room.

As I got comfortable on the couch, Emily and Molly settled themselves on the floor in front of me. I made it through one-half of my meal before the girls decided I should be sharing. Molly always thinks this, and Emily was putting up quite a protest. So I shared the rest of my sandwich, bite by bite, with my daughter and my dog as they both sat begging in the floor. Each watched longingly as the other was given a bite. The only difference between them was that Molly could catch her bites in the air! (Emily found this quite amazing, by the way.)

I know this description does not do the scene justice, because the expressions on their little faces were priceless. I was still laughing after Emily went to bed…trust me, you would have been too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home