What a great weekend!
Oh so much to tell you about…as Christmas gets closer, things just get more and more exciting. Daddy came home on Friday. He was gone a whole week, and Mommy and I missed him a lot. While he was gone, Nana came to stay with us for a couple of days; she played with me and helped Mommy a lot around the house.
On Saturday, we went to Senatobia to visit Russ, my baseball brother, and his family. It was a great day. They had some presents for me (a John Deere just my size, a bag with my name on it, and the softest lamb pillow ever), and then they surprised us with a trip to the ZOO! It was my first trip to the zoo – boy, was it fun! We saw all kinds of animals: lions and tigers, bears, elephants, giraffes and more. I loved watching the elephant play with his tire toy and the panda eating his dinner. Daddy, Russ and Jessica watched a big snake eating its dinner, but the rest of us did not watch. Mommy said that was yuck! I can’t wait for my next trip to the zoo.


Sunday morning during church, I helped the grownups light the Advent candle. I tried to help Daddy hold the microphone, but he wouldn’t let me. The music at Christmas time is wonderful! I clapped at the end of every song, and I especially liked the handbell choir. I was getting a little restless by time for preaching so Mommy took me to the nursery to play with my friends.
Then last night we went to a Christmas party at my friend Leala’s house. The grownups talked and ate while the babysitter played with us. I did get to eat some of the grownups dinner though. It was delicious – pork loin, green beans, and hashbrown casserole.
Tonight we’re going to the Bulldogs game with Jack, his parents and some more grownup friends. More excitement!!!
Hope you are having as much fun as me. Love you!
Emily

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home