Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Friday, January 12, 2007

Exciting new stuff

I got so excited the other day telling you all about my Christmas and birthday adventures that I forgot to share with you some other news. I now have 4 teeth that have come through on the top - the second two poked through this week so they are still hard to see. Since my birthday, I don't drink from a bottle any more. I take all my milk, juice and water from my sippy cups, and I do very well with them. I used to throw them on the floor at supper when I finished a sip, but now I just set it down on my tray and pick up some more bites. The grownups are quite proud of this accomplishment! I am also practicing feeding myself with my little spoons. It's messier than Mommy would like but I can do yogurt and applesauce by myself. It is really hard though to make carrots and peas stay on the spoon all the way to my mouth.

A new trick I have is that I can stand up in the middle of the floor without holding on to anything. It took me a while to figure that out, but it sure makes things easier. I have learned a lot about my new toys too. I got a shape sorter bucket from Santa, and at first it made a really good noise maker. But now I understand how to play with it and I can put the all shapes in their spots. I also got some 'touch & feel' books for Christmas. I really like to touch the fur on the different animals and then turn the page. One more thing I figured out recently is how to shut the doors in the house. Yesterday I shut Daddy in his closet when he went in to pick out his clothes!

The grownups have an extra day off this weekend, so I am looking forward to lots of fun. Later,
Em

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home