Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fourth of July

Well, it’s been an interesting couple of weeks… I have had pink eye. Other than making my eyes stick together for a couple of mornings, it didn’t make me feel bad, but I gotta tell you – those eye drops were torture!! The grownups pinned me down in the floor and squeezed that stuff in my eyes. It made me so mad I cried.

Except for pink eye, I have been having lots of fun. Mommy and I went to Nana’s house for a few days. My cousins Russ and JT were there too and we played together. We also went to see Matt and JT in a cow show and went shopping. I think my favorite part was watching Matt’s horse from the window. His name is Sonny, so now I call my toy horses and the ones in my books “Unny.”

Since yesterday was the 4th of July, I didn’t have school. On Tuesday, though, we had a parade at school to celebrate the holiday. We all wore red, white and blue and our teachers pushed us down Main St. in strollers and wagons. I was really surprised to see my grownups waving at me from the sidewalk.

For the 4th, we had some people over to eat burgers and ice cream – yummy! Jack and his parents came, Baby Riley and his mommy, and Ms Kelli and Mr. Drew. Riley is still too small to play with us, but Jack and I had a good time, as you can see.

See ya (that’s one of my new phrases),
Emily

PS – The grownups made a list of my growing vocabulary and came up with over 40 words that I know and use often!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,
I love keeping up with little Emily on your blog. We're going to try to make it to Starkville sometime this fall...we'll let you know.
Betsy Allison

July 23, 2007 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home