Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Saturday, June 23, 2007

I'm a STAR!

So I found Omaha last week (it’s in Nebraska)…and ESPN’s camera found me. They showed me on TV during the game. In case you didn’t get to see it, click on the link to see a clip.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-447752714650662417

At first I wasn’t going with the grownups to the College World Series, but at the last minute I got to go. Except for when I got sick on the plane, I had a great time. At the game on Friday, I also got put on the big screen in the outfield. I cheered and cheered until I crashed on Daddy’s shoulder. I guess I should’ve kept cheering because the Bulldogs didn’t win. On Saturday we went to the Omaha zoo to see the animals. Once again I fell asleep and missed part of the action, but it was still a good trip.

In other baseball news, my brother for this year – Ed – got picked in the major league draft. We’re all really proud of our baseball boys!

My vocabulary just keeps growing. I’ve added a couple of sentences: “Where’d he go?” and “There she is!” I also answer “ready” when the grownups ask if I’m ready to go. Some more animals I know are bear, moose and birdie. I am getting much, much better at eating with my fork and spoon, and I love to copy things Mommy and Daddy do. The other day Daddy was blowing some air into my inflatable ball pit. When he got done, I got on the floor and tried to do the same. One more thing I like to do is CLIMB! I have mastered climbing into the chairs in the kitchen and on the patio. What fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Grandmother said...

Uncle Paul tm'd me at the time and said you were on TV. Of course he wasn't taping this one.... Glad I got to see it!

June 25, 2007 11:40 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Emily,you sure did look cute on TV. I was watching and got so excited that you were on the BIG SCREEN. I hope you had lots of fun at the game and the zoo.

Ms Debbie

June 27, 2007 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home