Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Super(?) Bulldog Weekend

So we had this thing called Super Bulldog Weekend a few days ago. It's kind of like Homecoming in the spring time, with lots of ballgames and cookouts and other fun stuff. My friend Kennedy from Arkansas came with her parents and stayed with us for a couple of days. We had lots of fun playing outside, coloring, and dancing. And we all went to the baseball game Friday night, where we made another friend - Anna Payton(right). On Saturday at the game I also made friends with a sweet little puppy, Bella.

Sounds like a good weekend, huh? It was until Sunday when I turned a bar stool over on me and had to go to the ER. I got a BIG cut right under my nose. Mommy says I must be tough because I didn't cry very much. Was I supposed to? The doctors in the ER were very nice; they glued me back together, gave me some stickers and sent me on my way. But Monday morning the glue was coming off already so we went to see the pediatrician. He said I needed "stitches." I soon found out that was not someting fun. Again, Mommy and Daddy said I took it like a champ and was a very big girl about it all. The picture on the left is of the glue; the one on the right is me showing off my boo-boo. You can tell it doesn't bother me much!

One good thing that happened over the weekend is that I am getting very good at going to potty. I am telling Mommy more and more and I am not afraid to sit on big potties anymore. I am getting so big! Yesterday was another special day. I got promoted to a new classroom at school. I am going to miss my teachers, but this new class seems really fun. We get to go downstairs and eat in the lunch room with the big kids (3&4 yr olds), we drink from real cups - not sippy cups, and we sleep on big kid mats. I think I am gonna like my new class a lot.

Love to all!!
Emily

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home