Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It Matches...

A few weeks ago Emily got her first lecture on fashion. I know, I know...you're thinking what could I possibly tell her about fashion! But this was a simple talk about colors and matching. Actually, it was a desperate attempt to prevent her from wearing red patent shoes with a green outfit to school. I explained that her shirt was green and white and that she needed to wear white shoes because they matched her shirt. She grasped the concept immediately and has been matching things ever since.

Her jeans match the sky. Her blanket matches the grass. One night she picked red and yellow M&Ms (a treat for using the potty) because they matched her shirt and mine. She continued to find matching items while we were on the trip, but her most clever observation came Sunday after we got back to Tennessee. The phone rang and my dad answered. While he was talking, Emily looked over at me and said "Mommy, that telephone matches Granddaddy's head!" She was absolutely right...the light gray phone was the same color as my dad's hair. How observant! (Thanks, Dad, for letting me post at your expense. I did resist the urge to add a photo!)

This is will go down as one of my more priceless memories.
Amy

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

That's hysterical!!

July 29, 2008 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home