Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

It's funny how their little minds think...

(To anyone who checks regularly, I apologize for being a delinquent blogger. Hopefully we will soon have wireless Internet at home and I can do a better job of blogging while I relax with my feet up. Please scroll down to see two more new posts.)

Over the last couple of months, Emily has said some things that really give insight into how her little mind works. I'm glad I finally have the chance to share some of them with you.
Potato Salad
The loot of Christmas toys prompted us to move Emily's kitchen set into the corner of our kitchen. Now she often works while we work. One night she worked diligently to make "potato salad." Not sure she has a future as a chef...
A Smart Mommy
While eating at Lil' Dooey one night, Emily asked to make her typical trip to the restroom, only she didn't know where it was. I led the way and as we left the restroom she said:
"Mommy, you are SO smart. You know where ALL the restrooms are in the restaurants!"
I guess I should be glad it doesn't take much for me to impress her, huh?

Why We Go to Work
One Sunday after church, I was explaining that I needed to go to the office that afternoon to do some work.
E: Will your boss be there?
A: Well, no. He won't be there today.
E: But...if he isn't there to see you do your work, how can he give you any money?

Verb Conjugation
I am not sure if my late grandmother, an English teacher, would cringe or be proud of some of Emily's verbs. Some originals include:
Defensing: the act of one team playing defense against another.
Brooming: the act of using a broom to sweep the floor.
And our favorite:
Hamming: the act of using her new toy hammer to bang on things!
When I Was Little
We had a Sunday School lesson recently about sharing childhood stories with your kids, so I decided to share one the other day. Emily was "helping" me fold the laundry by folding the wash cloths.
A: When I was little, I used to fold the laundry for my mommy all the time. I would watch TV and fold the clothes every Saturday.
E: I know that. Before I was born...when I was still up in heaven with God...I sat on the clouds and I watched you do that.
INTERESTING!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gayle Rhoades said...

Amy, those are precious. Thanks for sharing.

February 03, 2010 1:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Amy - it's Katie, from Duke (it seems like 100 years ago!). I'm enjoying a couple minutes of peace before our little one - Maryann, who's 6 months old) wakes up from her nap and I thought I'd check in on your blog. Congrats on the new little one on the way - I'm so happy for you!!! Hope you're doing well and Go Devils!!! love,KT

February 11, 2010 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home