It's too late...
A recent conversation between Emily and Mommy.
Background: I (Amy) won a pack of Skittles in the egg toss at Bible school, and I fully intended to eat them. I got home from work about 15 min. after Jeff and Em a few days later. The wrapper was in the floor.
E: Thank you, Mommy, for my Skittles!
A: I didn't give you any Skittles.
E: But I ate those in the kitchen.
A: What? I was going to eat those.
E: But, Momma, you 'posed to share.
A: (sigh)
E: I'm sorry, Mom. (shrugging her shoulders, as if to say too bad, so sad)
A: Emily, I really wanted those Skittles.
E: (shrugging again) I'm sorry. It's too late...they're in my tummy (pointing). It's too late.
I'd give anything to be able to show you her facial expression as she shrugged. Suffice it to say, I think we are in trouble in her teenage years!

1 Comments:
You left off the part where she said "Mommy, you pose to share."
Post a Comment
<< Home