Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sweet Summer Time

Hi Friends! Sorry its been a while. We've been on the go so far this summer, doing lots of fun stuff. At the end of May, we went to Tennessee for my cousin Russ's birthday. He turned 3 - just like me! We went to play at Chuck E. Cheese's the night before his party. That was lots of fun riding the little rides and playing the games.
A few days after that, Mommy's friend Miss Linda invited us to her house to ride horses. I'd never ridden a real one before so I was kind of nervous. At first I just wanted to watch, but then I agreed to ride with Mommy. After a couple of laps, I decided I could ride Rocky by myself.
Later that week, Mommy and I took a road trip to see our friends, Didi and Mr. Jimmy. You know, there isn't much shopping in these parts, and Mommy needed a new dress. So we spent the night and had a fun day shopping with Didi. She LOVES to shop and she found Mommy 2 dresses! I told Mommy she looked "cute" when she tried them on.

And then LAST week, we took another road trip with my friend, Caroline Reed, and her mommy. (Mom's note: Em and Caroline ONLY call each other by their full names!) We went to Birmingham and stayed in a hotel. Then we went to see a Dora the Explorer show. It was a really fun show - except for Swiper the Fox. He gives me the creeps! As all girls do, we squeezed in lunch and some shopping before we crashed in the car on the way home.
On Saturday, we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa. Grandpa took me to the flower store and let me pick out some plants, then we went home and planted them. I also got to help fill up the bird feeders and play in the water fountain. We all had a good time. Sunday was the start of Vacation Bible School at our church. This is my first year to go and I am in crocodile class. My friends and I are having fun singing, dancing and making crafts. Each day we learn something about God like "God is powerful" then we all shout "Fear Not!"

One more thing I wanted to share. I have been learning to write some letters. The Easter bunny brought me a cool workbook that shows me how to make the letters. Then when I run out of space, I use a rag and just wipe them off. Here is a sample - it's my name on Granddaddy's birthday card. (I had some help with the Y.)

The grownups say there is more summer fun on the way: something about the water park and a trip to Nana and Granddaddy's house. Man, sounds good to me! Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home