Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"There's no more baseball"

The Bulldogs played their last game Saturday. Em still doesn't really understand that the next time she goes to a game, some of her favorite guys won't be playing. She's known some of these seniors her entire life. We told her before the game that Saturday was a Special Day for the boys. About half way through the game we had this conversation:

E: Why it's Grant's special day?
A: Well, because it's his last game.
E: Why it's his last game?
A: After today, he won't get to play for the Bulldogs any more.
E: Mommy, is Grant OLD?
A: Yes, dear, I guess he is.
E: And Nick and Chad are OLD?
A; Yes, I guess they are old too.

Emily thoroughly enjoyed this season. By the end, she knew almost all the boys names, numbers, and walk-out songs for batting. It's really pretty impressive to hear about two beats of music then hear a 3-year-old yell "Hey, it's Connor Powers' turn!" before the announcer says anything. Yesterday she was playing with her flashcards and held up 13..."Mom, look! It's Jet Butler's number." I know I have mentioned before how much Emily and her friends love the Chicken Dance. As we closed out the season, I finally got it on tape. Enjoy the clip below. Emily is the one in the red shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home