Life and Times of Emily

A running journal of what is going on in the exciting life of Emily (and her rookie parents)

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Sleepovers, water parks and a parade

My exciting, busy summer has not slowed up a bit. We just keep doing fun things.
Sleepovers
I have had my first and second sleepovers recently. Two weeks ago, Mommy had a high school reunion in Tennessee, so I stayed with my friend Addie. We played in her swimming pool and on her swing set. When we played babies, we put them in "time out" and said all the things our mommies say to us. When my mom picked me up on Sunday, I didn't want to leave!
A few days later, I had another sleepover at MY house. The grownups were going to be gone overnight, so my friend Miss Julie picked me up at school and stayed with me. We read books and played all kinds of things. That day was her birthday so Mommy had gotten us cupcakes! The next morning she took me to meet the grownups so we could go to the...
Water Park
The Friday trip was actually our second of the week. For his Father's Day treat, we had gone on Sunday and had lots of fun. We did all the areas, even the middle sized slides, and waited patiently while the grownups took turns on the really big slides (I was tired by then anyway). Friday I took my own intertube, which made it even more fun. I got to float by myself in the river and the wave pool. I also took my sand toys and Daddy helped me build a sand castle at the beach area.
Parade
Regular readers know that every year my day care teams up with the other church schools and has a July 4th parade. We had it this morning. My class was supposed to walk, since we're big kids now, but I got lazy and caught a ride with some little boy who had extra room. Why walk when you can ride, right? It was still fun. Miss Kelli took these pictures for us. Thanks, Miss Kelli!
Hope you all have a fun and happy July 4. Love you!
Emily

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home